Sunday 5 June 2011

How to change drum brakes on 99 Kia Sephia?

I cant get the drum off any suggestions? Am I missing something?


I already took off the two screws on the front but drum does not want to come off!|||try hitting drum with hammer this will usually loosen drum and should pull off. provided you dont have the parking brake applied|||Screws? Sorry, you bought the Foreign thing, It just cost%26#039;s more to fix them.


Suggestion, bfh!|||I have noticed this on a few Asian vehicles with drum brakes. You will see 2 threaded holes on the drum where you need to insert 2 8mm bolts ( M8 X 1.25 I believe). Slowly turn each bolt a little at a time and it will easily pull the drum off. I hope this helps.|||I don%26#039;t know if this applies to a 99 Kia, but you may have to adjust the brake shoes away from the drum. There should be a slot either at the edge of the drum or on the backing plate (or support plate, whetever you call it). You will however need some specialized tools or a couple of screwdrivers.