Sunday 5 June 2011

Ist it possible to change out the rear drum brakes on 2007 New Body Silverado and switch to OEM disc?

I have found aftermarket kits but I would rather have oem disc brakes. My dealer said it would require computer changes and such costing 10k! However I think he has no idea what he is speaking of when I see aftermarket kits out there. Can%26#039;t I just have the parts ordered? Does this impact the abs? Proportioning valve?|||i know the kits your talking about ,and yes it can alter the braking system sometimes,but the kits for the newer vehicles they give you everything needed to do this with,it doesn%26#039;t alter the proportioning valve none but it can affect the abs system on it,some kits come with extra sensors for this,if you buy one buy a good kit,good luck with it.