Sunday 5 June 2011

How to change drum brakes to disc brakes on a 2000 honda civic.?

I have a 2000 honda civic EX. I have rear drum brakes and i want to convert it to discs. Can anyone tell me how i would be able to do that and can anyone also give me an estimate to how much that could cost.|||Vendor: AEM Performance Products


Part Number: PSL-29-601


Application: 1996-00 CIVIC EX


Item: Rear drum-to-disc conversion kit


$1071 Retail





And the kit will come with full instructions.





I am way off the beaten path, but I am sure you can find a Performance Shop in your area that sells AEM Performance Products and likely get it even cheaper.





And I would think that a competent garage could install this kit in 2 - 4 hours if you are not adventurous enough to install it yourself.





Assuming a labour rate of $50 per hour, you should be able to purchase this kit and have it installed for $1300 at worst.





EDIT: Additional Information





I do not normally do this but the post below mine is so incorrect that I had to say something.





Decreasing the safe stopping distance by over 50% is %26quot;No Benefit What So Ever%26quot; ?





If this was installed on every car, it would likely save tens of thousands of lives and accidents each year.|||I think the best way to sort your prob is by lookin for a crashed car the same mod as yours but wit higher spec which has d parts your lookin fo, ya should be able ta pick 1 up quite cheap and just transfer parts across! just a thought.:D

Report Abuse


|||You%26#039;d need to change the proportion valve, brake hoses, calipers, spindles, abs sensors, wiring, not worth it, figure at a shop about 3 grand.|||Why?





Are you spending most of your weekends at Road American or Laguna Seca raceway? If not you will be pissing away thousands of dollars for absolutely no benefit whatsoever.