Friday 7 October 2011

Brakes squeal when there hot ...?

i have a 1990 Buick lesabre. i recently changes my brake pads and found out later the mechanic that put them in twisted the hose line so there was no brake fluid going threw. so i took it to a different mechanic and he just sprayed the pads with something and then SPRAYED MY ROTORS WITH WD/40. none of that was any good and a few people told me the guy was an idiot. i guess spraying the rotors was bad. so then i take it to another mechanic and he said my brake pedal felt spongy and he heard clicking when braking. so he said he turned the rotors greased the pads and drums and bled the brakes. well that was a waste of time and money because they still squeal. when i start driving in the morning after the car has been sitting all night the brakes don't make any noise when i brake but after driving a little while they slowly start to squeal and by the time i make it back home my brakes sound like school bus. i have told every mechanic this and every time i bring it in they do different stuff and charge me an arm n leg and its still not fixed . i don't know what to do or what is the problem. maybe if i knew what was causing the squeal i could tell them exactly what to do. instead of getting jerked around. if someone can help me with some advice or what to do i or what it could be i would greatly appreciate it =)
Brakes squeal when there hot ...?
I would say to fix your problem is to get new calipers and rotors and put on if your problem is in the front disc brake set up.I work on brakes and I have never heard of these type of stupid tricks people put on other people like this while working on there cars.If I was there I would be willing to fix it right.I have never heard of anyone placing WD 40 on rotors unless they are just spraying the studs to mount the tire back on and to make it easier for the lug nuts to go back on.Is the noise coming from the front or the back brakes?.But there is a spray that is to be used for cleaning the brake pads which is called brak-leen this is to remove build up of glaze on the pads and brake shoes and rotors and drums.Did they do a over haul job on the back wheel cylinders or replace them?.I would really like to know what was really done.if you could email me with other question or what you know other than what is on here about it I could help you.Too bad I wasnt there i would fix them.Thanks! hgm20002000@yahoo.com