Friday 7 October 2011

Could my lifetime brake pads cause my SUV to be screeching whenever I apply the brakes?

Ok...this issue has been going on for months and I'm getting SICK of it. I have a 2001 Mazda Tribute. I have NEW everything: lifetime brakes, drums, and rotors. I recently heard someone say that they had lifetime %26quot;ceramic%26quot; brake pads on their vehicle and within a few months, whenever they would put on their brakes, their car would make a horrible screeching sound. Once they switched out the lifetime brakes with regular brake pads you change every couple years, the problem went away.



My question is this: are all lifetime brake pads made out of ceramic? And the mechanic I go to is a family friend and is a great person to deal with so I trust him completely. He keeps telling me that he isn't finding anything else....so is there anything else that could be making this awful sound whenever I apply the brakes?
Could my lifetime brake pads cause my SUV to be screeching whenever I apply the brakes?
i have lifetime pads on my car. mine are semi- metallac.not all lifetime are ceramic. it could be you got hard pads or brake dust.