Friday 7 October 2011

I need some help with my brakes..... please?

i just had my 95 suburban checked out thoroughly. its a good runner with not much major work needed.

i didnt pay much for it , and just bought it, so i expect to put a little money into it.



my brakes are the only thing i need done. here is what i need: 3 brake hoses, 1 drum, 4 tire rods and sleeves, 4 balljoints, 1 idler arm, and 1 pitmen arm.



the brakes arent giving me trouble and i thought it was just the pads need changing. now when i stop sometimes, they squeak, just a little. also the wheel in the rear locks up real quick when i hit the brakes. i have no other problems.

i am getting all this done, but not at once. i have to do whats more important first. what should i get changed first?
I need some help with my brakes..... please?
you need more than brake work. the brake work is the most important because it's a safety issue. but the other stuff has to do with steering and can also lead to accidents.
I need some help with my brakes..... please?
Quote: %26quot;also the wheel in the rear locks up real quick when I hit the brakes.%26quot;



Check both rear brakes for a leaking wheel cylinder. Leaking wheel cylinders flow brake fluid on to the rear shoes causing grabbing or locking brakes.



1. replace leaking wheel cylinders...



2. replace brake pads and shoes as needed...



3. tackle frontend work ball joints, tie-rod ends, et cetera...



Does this help any?