Friday 7 October 2011

My front end shakes when I brake.. ?? (62-64 impala)?

I HAVE A 62 IMPALA THAT WAS WEARING A TIRE ON ONE SIDE, SHOP SAID NEEDED NEW UPPER BALL JOINTS... I CHANGED THOSE AND THE LOWER BALL JOINTS, HAD IT ALIGNED AND NOW THE FRONT END SHAKES WHEN I STOP?? BEFORE ANYTHING WAS WORKED ON IT DROVE PERFECTLY. ??



I ALSO HAVE A 64 IMPALA THAT HADNT BEEN DRIVEN IN 20+ YEARS SO I CHANGED DRUMS AND BRAKES AND THIS ONE SHAKES AS I STOP AS WELL...



ANY HELP??
My front end shakes when I brake.. ?? (62-64 impala)?
shocks/springs, both tires, a-arm bushings etc, bearings???
My front end shakes when I brake.. ?? (62-64 impala)?
There probably two diffrent problems. master cylinder problem or a valve problem would be my guess
If the shaking only occurs when you attempt to stop the vehicle then it is usually from warped brake rotors. Also your brake caliper piston might need to be re-honed if the piston is coming out crooked.
you might wanna get the whole steering and suspension checked out because that will cause it to do that. the 62 might have warped brake parts that will cause it to do that, and the 64 might have the steering and suspension problems or vise versa
all of the above plus front brakes itself. rotor turned when front brake job was done?
  • new hair styles
  • Fish
  •