Friday 7 October 2011

I want to modified my 1994 Honda Civic EG 4door sedan. please give me some tips. ?

I have a 1994 Honda Civic EG gli 4door sedan. 1.5l, auto trans. I want to modified the look and performance wise. But I dont know where to start, therefore i ask you, coz u got more experience.



To start with, Im thinking putting B16A VTEC, change it to 5spd manual, change rear drum brakes to disc, exhaust.



What other things I need.My goal is to crack 6-7 sec 0-60mph. Thanks
I want to modified my 1994 Honda Civic EG 4door sedan. please give me some tips. ?
Well a b16 is a good start for the money but being you have a four door you might want a little more power to propel that large compact you have so maybe an ls vtec or a CTR engine, but all the power in the world will do you no good if you don't have good suspension so i would also recommend getting a good set of coil overs like TIEN or SKUNK2 not those ebay specials. You are also going to need some good rubber around your rims so don't cop out with a %26quot;cheap set%26quot; of tires from discount tire. When it comes to styling your best thing to remember is you get what you pay for so keep that in mind when buying and don't forget if you have bad roads around your town don't buy a body kit that makes your car 10mm of the ground don't forget to check your local laws they all vary per state.
I want to modified my 1994 Honda Civic EG 4door sedan. please give me some tips. ?
get a bunch of friends that are willing to push your car.
Personally, I want a B18c1. Start off small like, cold air intake on the engine, stuff like that, exhaust. Then get up to the point of putting in a turbo. =]
I like the B16 motor but I would also suggest the B18.

Other than that and the usually mods, (intake, headers, exhuast, etc.) the one thing I would suggest that some people overlook is weight-loss. Put your car on a diet, take out anything and everything that you do not need. 3 15 inch subs might impress some ppl, but that added weight is robbing power, so I would not suggest a sound system. If you have AAA and actually use it, take out your spare tire, that will save some wieght. If you have leather seats changing those for racing ones could save weight, theres many many options here.



Good Luck
dont waste ur mony swiching to a manual. just stay with the automatic
Brakes won't do anything for acceleration, exhaust won't get you there, B16 might get you there.



I bet someone's goin to say cold air intake + headers. Watch.



Edit : Oh wait someone already did lol.
Be careful with the exhaust. I'm sure you know all too well how horrible civics can sound with cheap exhaust. Keep it respectable and not too loud.



The biggest performance gain would be through a turbo system. But with FWD, you're going to end up with huge torque steer and traction problems. They're also very sensitive systems, you can absolutely demolish your engine with a turbo if you don't know what you're doing. If you consider going down this route, buy the book %26quot;Maximum Boost%26quot; by Corky Bell, it'll really help you out.