Wednesday 21 September 2011

Do i need to change my drum on a 95 ford taurus it is very hot?

i have change my brake pads,calibar and rotor but my drum is very hot what is the next thing i should do? I keep changing break pads every two weeks now my brakes are squeeking again what is there left to change on my car what steps should i take now. Is this a major job that needs to be done?Please give me a answer quiskly
Do i need to change my drum on a 95 ford taurus it is very hot?
The only thing I can think is either there is air in the caliper, or the fluid has absorbed some moisture over time. Either way, I think if you bleed the whole system until the fluid that runs out is all new, it might solve it. Bleed RR-RL; FR-FL.
Do i need to change my drum on a 95 ford taurus it is very hot?
Every two weeks is ridiculous. Have the brakes rebuilt professionally if you are not able to do a complete job. The brakes are hanging up and you need to at least have the cylinders rebuilt and all the springs replaced. If you are also changing the front pads, the calipers are hanging up and need to also be rebuilt or replaced.
If the drumis very hot either the shoes are adjusted to tight or the drum is warped bring it to your local autoparts store they can check it to see if it is warped they also can probally turn it if it is not out of specs...
  • parameter
  • pets
  •