Wednesday 21 September 2011

I have spongey brakes...?

The repair manual says I have air in the system. Is that possible if I did not remove/replace any brake hoses nor did I remove or tamper with the master cylinder? All I did was change the drum brakes.



'03 Ford Taurus
I have spongey brakes...?
my guess would be you dont properly have the brakes adjusted, you should run the adjuster out until the drum just barely slides on then apply the emergency brake a couple times and your spongy pedal should go away but as far as having air in the brakes if you didnt open the system there would be no reason you have air in it
I have spongey brakes...?
didnt have brake drums you had rotors and when you push back the pads in caliber you push out brake fluid so is it full or have you tried bleeding system sometimes if you dont remove cap off master you blow it from the pressure and not having anyplace to go so now you might have a bad master but most likey just low fluid or it needs bleeding

type into search box



how to bleed brakes

how to bleed brakes video

how to replace brake rotors
did you do one at a time the ajuster only go on one side there one for the left side one for the right . put in wrong the rear brakes will back off not ajust up cause a soft pedal and did you ajust the brake up after rebuilding.
take advantage of the free inspection at the shops in your town.
you could have soft pads or shoes or another thing can do it and that,s if you happen to let the master cylinder go dry with you.