Saturday 24 September 2011

What kind of brakes are in a 1988 Acura Legend?

I have a '88 Acura legend and im trying to be a little thrifty by changing my own brakes but im hoping that somone can tell me whether it is a drum in the back brakes or a disc... Actually Im not doing it myself, my dad is and this is what he wanted me to find out...



I know that it is the back brakes that are bad. Anybody with any information on this please help!
What kind of brakes are in a 1988 Acura Legend?
Hate to burst your bubble...but usually brakes go in pairs (if you keep driving on them). Meaning if the bad brakes are bad your front brakes will go bad overcompensating for the back not working as they should. Just saying...



But to answer your question. Your back brakes should actually be disc brakes (I checked ebay). They could be drums but it's fairly easy to tell the difference. If your front brakes look like your rear brakes (meaning there's ROTORS) then you have disc brakes, if not you have discs in the front and drums in the back.
What kind of brakes are in a 1988 Acura Legend?
Save your money else where! Brakes are a MAJOR safety factor. You are not only putting yourself at risk in this situation. Your question is a dead give-a-way for your lack of knowledge. Sounds like your dad doesn't have a clue either.