Saturday 24 September 2011

I have a brake problem with my 2002 Dodge grand Caravan Sport?

The drivers side front disc brakes keep wearing down and then grinding against the rotors. Both front are evenly worn but the drivers always ruins the rotors. I have changed the front brakes and rotors twice in the last year and hardly drive it. My back drum brakes are close needing to be changed but i can't figure out why the fronts are so bad so often?



Thanks for your help.
I have a brake problem with my 2002 Dodge grand Caravan Sport?
You have a seized caliper on that side. It's pushing the pads in, but not releasing fully. The caliper should be replaced with a quality rebuilt caliper that has a warranty. Just go to a brand name auto parts store for that. While you're at it, you may want to change the flexible brake hoses on BOTH sides in the front. These can swell and cause a similar problem. While it may or may not be totally necessary, it is pretty inexpensive and easy to do so why not?
I have a brake problem with my 2002 Dodge grand Caravan Sport?
ITS AN AMERICAN CAR
The front will always wear down first. When you brake, the car leans forward, more pressure on the front brakes.

Just change the front brakes when they start to wear down and squeak, before they will get to the rotors.
bad caliper.
Sounds like the calipers or sticking. Jack up the front and rotate the wheels by hand, if you hear or feel a dragging sound the calipers or not releasing as they should. The pins that the calipers float on my be bad or need to be greased with a special grease made for this. The piston of the calipers may not be going back in as they should due to trash build up behind them. Metallic pads will last longer. when you replace them.