Saturday 24 September 2011

Help Please! 2000 Dodge Neon I need to change the cylinder on my rear tires master cylinder or wheel cylinder?

I also need to change my rear brakes which are drum brakes I don't know if that matters.
Help Please! 2000 Dodge Neon I need to change the cylinder on my rear tires master cylinder or wheel cylinder?
master cylinder is under hood at the brake pedal...it sends pressure to wheel cylinder to push brake pads against the drum..
Help Please! 2000 Dodge Neon I need to change the cylinder on my rear tires master cylinder or wheel cylinder?
I'm not quite sure what you are asking here but,

The wheel cylinder is the part that pushes the pads out making them push against the drum to cause friction to make the wheel stop.
WOW YOU SHOULD REALLY REDO YOUR QUESTIONS I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR QUESTION IS AND I DONT THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT EITHER. WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION?
if your doing the back wheel cylinder..yes change the shoes and they can check your drum...good luck
to change the wheel cylidenr pop off the drums take off the springs and adjuster then in the back unscrew the fitting take it off and there is 2 bolts hold it on take them off take it out put new one in put the shoes up then springs and stuff and your done
If I am understanding your question correctly your master cylinder is located under the hood (usually on the firewall right in front of the driver.) As for the drum brakes on the rear wheels. Drum brakes are a mechanical brake that is controlled with a series of springs. There is a small slave cylinder (about the size of a roll of quarters) located at the bottom of the brake assembly. If they are in need of fixing go to your local parts house and check to see if they still have the rebuild kit for them. If not you will need to find a complete replacement. The pads usually only have to be changed if you are hearing a metal on metal scraping sound. This sound is caused by a redundancy in the pad itself. When you begin to hear this you usually have several hundred miles before the pad itself wears to a point to which the rivets that hold it together begin wearing grooves into the drum. If the grooves get to deep you will either have to have the drum resurfaced or have it replaced.