Saturday 24 September 2011

Brakes for 2002 Ford F150 4WD/ SUP CAB?

I have never changed brakes before but I have a friend who can help me. But I wanted to make sure that's what I need, and any tools I would need if I ever had to change brake pads myself.

What's happening is when I start driving me truck I'm hearing a metallic scraping sound coming from my back driver's side tire. I've heard that there's a pin that contacts the rotor when your brake pad is worn down, could that be it? Do the tires on the back of my truck use brake pads, or is it drum brakes? Also if I were to do this myself what tools would I need? (besides jack, jack stand, torque wrench) Thanks for any help.
Brakes for 2002 Ford F150 4WD/ SUP CAB?
It could be your wear indicator making that noise or it could be your emergency brake not releasing all the way that could cause the noise.

I'm not sure but I believe your rear brakes a drum brakes.

You won't need a torque wrench but you will need a brake spring removal tool, and a

brake hold-down removal tool. Of course you can use a flat head screwdriver to remove these springs but make sure you have plenty of band-aids for when the spring snaps back and catches you.