Wednesday 21 September 2011

If I am barrowing my brothers car for a few months and the brakes go out am I reasponsible?

Ive had it for about 3 months while I save up for another car I pay for all the gas and oil changes and I work for jiffy lube so I take care of all the preventive maintance. His rear drum brakes were replaced 10 years ago he says. So should I have to pay for this, even though it is going back to him in 2 months
If I am barrowing my brothers car for a few months and the brakes go out am I reasponsible?
the right thin to do is pay for the brakes to be fixed just because he let you use the car for awhile
If I am barrowing my brothers car for a few months and the brakes go out am I reasponsible?
When you use anyone else's vehicle, you should be responsible for ANY MAINTENANCE it needs while in your possession. Equally, if it is only a night or so, you need to return a vehicle in equal (or better) condition to what it was when you got it! (Like topping off the fuel tank)
well in most situations yes,because while your driving it you are responsible for keeping it up,so yes id pay for having them repaired,its not going to be that much,especially since he,s letting you use it for nothing i wouldn't question having to do a few small repairs to it,its still cheaper than paying a payment on one right now,good luck on it.
legaly returning it in the same condition, does not relate to wearable items such as brakes or tires. but for him being a good brother letting u use the car, i would for sure pay to put new brakes on it myself.
well if your in control of it, and if youve been paying for everything else and doing oil changes etc. then i would say yea you were using it for a few months its your responsibility, as it would be if you got a flat tire. be a good bro and dont try and stiff him and give his car back jacked up. that aint right!

we call that chicken $h1t
Yes you are responsible for anything that happens to the car because he left in it your care. Yes you should pay. Just think he was nice enough to loan it to you in the first place.
yep cause ur drivin it
a portion of it. a very liitle portion of it.
yes you should fix his brakes. common courtesy he is nice enough to borrow you his car. you can be nice enough to not give it back broken.
When I borrow something I always return it in as good as better condition as when I picked it up. I dought this is a law but it certainly is something you should do if you ever expect to borrow his car again. If you had borrowed it from me I wouldn't allow you to fix it but I would at least expect you to offer to get it repaired for me.
If you rented a car, then no it would be on him but saving the price of a rental, even a very cheap rental is $25.00 a day, so yes you should pay for the repairs and be glad you are able to borrow a car. Maybe try a taxi for a few days to put the car borrowing back in perspective.
That is something that needs to be worked out between you and your brother, and probably should have been in advance of borrowing it.
  • hair bands
  • upgrade system memory
  •